As an educator I write tutorials and courses that enable students to learn programming skills in the creative coding field. I have developed documentation both in English and Spanish, for a variety of learning stages as K12, college and graduate students.
In 2017, with a group of Chilean artists we founded Coded Escuela, a media arts school focused on spreading these techniques to Spanish speaking users who were curious about technology and creativity.
Some of the educational work I have done includes the course Introducción a la programación creativa con p5.js, the video tutorial p5.js in Spanish, and the talk p5.js en Español at the Processing Community Day 2017. Additionally I have collaborated in the internationalization of the p5.js website.
Currently I collaborate with the Computer Science for All initiative at the Department of Education of New York City developing a new class for High School students that mixes physical interaction with web interfaces. At the same time, I’m a Research Resident at the Interactive Telecommunications Program at New York University.
Intro to p5.js tutorials
- Example 1 – Green and Orange by Carmen Herrera
- Operators and Conditional Statements
- Session 03 – Metaesquema by Hélio Oiticica
Intro to three.js tutorials
- 01 – Intro to Three.js – From nothing to importing an .obj model
- 02 – Intro to Three.js – Matrices and interaction
- 03 – Intro to Three.js – Multiplayer (Soon)